I was reading Hannah’s blog the other day, Goki Notes, is a blog I have come to love lately, following along as her beautiful daughter Kate is growing and Hannah’s never exhausted ability to tackle projects (and work full time at home!?) never ceases to amaze me. I was so excited for her to get a Libster award! I was reading a long, loving all her answers and wishing that someone would give me questions to answer…and lo and behold my wishes came true!!! Thank you for the Tag Hannah!
These are the questions she asked me:
warning. These are going to be off-the-top-of-my-head-answers.
1. If you were any TV character, who would you be and why?
I read that wrong, who is most similar to me, or who would I WANT to be? Right now I am watching shows that I want no part of… like Parenthood, as much as I love watching (the train wreck) I am so glad I have nothing to do with a family that is full of that much drama and bad advice. Not that my family, doesn’t have drama. The other shows I am watching are the Good Wife (ain’t nobody wanna be in that mess) and Mindy project (hilarious to watch… not hilarious to be) Ok I am going to say I would be Sybil in Downton Abbey, if she were not dead. Not really fitting any molds, outspoken and a little unpredictable. Plus gorgeous setting.
2. What are you really really good at? Like, your superpower if you were a superhero…
Right now – biting off more than should be chewable. Like the 1228 Jesse tree ornaments I have committed to making in the next three weeks.
Speaking of which, anyone want to buy a Jesse Tree set… only $40????
Hopefully soon I can say my super power is accomplishing crazy goals… not just making them.
3. What got you into blogging? How did you feel about it when you started?
My mom. She is super tech savy (she has 2,500 followers on twitter… she crazy! go make it 2,501!) Anyway she has been on twitter since, I think, before twitter, and always has been telling me to start a blog, so one day I did. Although it was a different one, about reading and living what the Holy Father is saying at his weekly audiences… and I have neglected it for years, but I am always hoping to get it back up and running.
4. What’s your favorite quote?
“Do not question in the darkness what you have seen clearly in the light”
But I do not know who said it first. So maybe it’s me. Except not, because I know someone told it to me once.
5. How often do you do the laundry? Dishes? Other household chores?
Always, at least it seems like it. I have been making Monday my deep cleaning/weekend recovery day, and doing things like mopping the 249o6 sq feet of tile on our main floor and anything involving scrubbing on Mondays, as well as ideally all the laundry, but it inevitable overflows into Tuesday (and Wednesday….) that way I can ignore lots of things the rest of the week. My husband is the most awesome man in the world and does the dishes every night, so I can do things like this, and sew ornaments….
6. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Eating all my kids halloween candy, or is that so obvious its doesn’t even count? I must have more… I am trying to think. Eating candy in general maybe.
7. Do you like to take naps? How often do you get to nap?
I don’t love it that much. I would prefer quiet time.
8. What’s your favorite alcoholic drink?
Right now, a home made margerita made out of frozen limeade concentrate blended with tequila and some ice… yum
9. What time do you usually go to bed? Are you a night owl or a morning person?
If I am in bed by 11, I consider it a good night. Although ask me again at 6:20 when both kids are up (and have been on the hour, every hour) and I might change my mind.
10. Do you vote/get into political things? What interests you the most about politics?
Absolutely do vote. I enjoy learning about candidates even when its civic and local elections. I used to get more involved and even did some campaign work with my mom while I was a teen (phone calls for Stockwell Day, remember that Mom?) but now it just doesn’t happen. It was very fascinating though
The rules are to nominate 3-5 blogs with under 200 (or 3,000?) readers… and since it is impossible to tell how many readers a blog has, I am just guessing. Don’t be hurt if you have way more readers than I think you do, I really have no idea what I am doing!
and your questions to answer ladies:
- What is your favourite way to spend a weekend?
- If you could recreate one meal from your favourite restaurant at home, what would it be?
- Best piece of advice you have ever received?
- The one movie you can (and have?) re-watched over and over and never get sick of?
- We’re BFF’s aren’t we? So I am gonna ask it: most embarrassing moment?
- Who is the blogger that most inspires you?
- Who is the blogger that you most want to meet in real life?
- Why did Starbucks get rid of the Gingerbread latte? and more importantly how can we make them bring it back?
- Best gift have ever received that was literally stuffed in a stocking?
- What is the first website or app that you go to?
- and seriously, want to buy a Jesse Tree?
Thanks guys for playing a long!